Monday 9 March 2009

Sleepy Head

For some reason this weekend I have been feeling really tired. It is not unusual for me to be a bit tired but for the last few days it has been really bad. What is really annoying is that I have been really good all weekend.

Last week I sent orders home that there was to be no beer waiting for me when I arrived home on Thursday night as I would not be drinking all weekend. True to my word, for the whole weekend  not a drop passed my lips. Even at the party we went to on Saturday night, skittles in a local pub, I volunteered to drive. My wife was feeling exhausted as well so we were not out too late but I really struggled to get out of bed on Sunday morning.

My wife and daughter went up to the horses on Sunday morning and a little later a friend of my son’s called and they went for a bike ride. I decided to have a little sit down on the sofa for a second. I woke up about an hour later when my wife came home. Falling asleep in the middle of the day is just not something I do.

Eventually I managed to do a two hour session on the turbo as I couldn’t face going out in the rain. My legs felt really heavy and stiff for the whole ride and I really didn’t enjoy it. Running into work today was equally bad, though after a 04:30 start and a 3 hour drive that is to be expected.

On my run home I felt much better though. So with a bit of luck I should be ok for my long run tomorrow.

No comments: