Friday 11 September 2009

When in Somerset

So I was all fired up, ready to get going and get things done. Then of course things started to go wrong. First they have closed my local swimming pool for refurbishment. It is hard to complain too much about this, the pool was desperately in need of some TLC. I am sure it will be wonderful when it is finished. Problem is it is not going to be open again until July 2010.

Then running to work on Tuesday I started to have problems with my knee. This is a problem I have had before but I thought it had corrected itself. I completed the run to work but my knee is not right. It makes odd grinding noises when I move it and is quite tender. I am not sure what the problem is but it certainly needs to rest for a while.

So no swimming and no running at the moment. Ideal preparation for the Langport Triathlon next weekend. But I am not down-hearted, I will persevere. The mental toughness developed during the Ironman training is a great help. I find cider helps as well.

No comments: