Saturday 3 January 2009

First Session of the New Year

The Christmas season has been very hectic for me as usual. I have been eating far too much unhealthy food and drinking too much alcohol. About the only thing I haven't been doing too much of is exercising. There has been no chance of me over-training during the last couple of weeks. But all that is about to change.

I need to get back on track for the Ironman in Bolton and it starts from today. My first session of the year was an hour on the turbo trainer earlier this evening. Nothing too strenuous, but it is a start. Now all I need to do is get my diet back on track, lose the weight I put on over Christmas, improve my flexibility, get my swimming right, buy a new bike (please darling) and keep the training going until the Ironman. So not too much then.

I have started though.

2 comments:

Doris said...

Hey Mikey are you following a programme? BeIronFit by Fink is excellent and has several programmes in it.... Training starts Monday (which is a rest day... gfaaaawww!)

MikeyB said...

I am not following a pre-defined program. My training schedule is based on information in "Going Long" by Joe Friel and Gordon Byrn. It gives me more flexibility to fit things around living in two places, working and family.