Monday 20 April 2009

Back to the Grindstone

Monday morning and back to reality. For the last two weeks I have been on holiday and it has been wonderful to spend some time with my family. At the start of my break I had great plans for all the things I was going to get done. Because I am away from home all week there are lots of tasks and chores at home that I never get around to starting, let alone completing but this was going to be the fortnight when they all got ticked off the list.

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley.

In other words I hardly managed any of the tasks I planned. What I did manage was a good quantity of training and lots of quality time with my family which is probably the most important thing on my list of tasks. I was up early most mornings and generally managed to fit my training in before lunch giving me the rest of the day free. My longest bike ride has increased to five hours as I did some nice rides to Cheddar Gorge.

Doing my long runs in the countryside, including some nice tracks and paths, rather than Central London was very pleasant. Running down leafy lanes in the sunshine, watching the butterflies flitting around I felt like I could run for days.

All these things are going to provide me with further information to post over the next couple of days. But today I am back in London and back in the office. Down to earth with a bump.

No comments: