Tuesday 29 January 2013

Weight Loss Goal

My new bathroom scales arrived yesterday and this morning I tried them out. I would like to think my increase in weight since this time last year was caused by bulking up in my gym sessions earlier in the year. But the truth is it isn't. My weight increase has been caused by a combination of inactivity forced on me by my Achilles problem and excess consumption of rubbish food.

When I don't exercise I get grumpy and depressed. When I get depressed I eat rubbish. My consumption of pies and biscuits has been at an all time high recently. Christmas didn't help either. The end result of this is that I am 10kg heavier now than I was this time last year. This cannot continue or I will end up the size of a bus.

Since I have been told I can cycle now, I have no excuses. It is down to me to start get on my bike and start burning calories and to regain my ability to say no to biscuits and pies. Since I can't really set myself any athletic performance goals for the year, as I just don't know how long my ankle is going to take, I am going to set myself some weight related goals. The first one is to lose 10kg by June. That works out around 2kg a month which I think should be achievable.

No comments: