Friday 25 January 2013

Mid-tendon Achilles Tendinopathy

This is the time of year when I should be working hard to reach the new goals that I have set for myself. But this year is going to be different. Since July I have been struggling with an Achilles Tendon problem. It first caused me problems while running and got to the point where I stopped completely for a couple of months. When I started again it was sore, so I ignored it and carried on with short runs for a while until I was forced to stop again.

At the start of January I finally gave up and went to see my GP. He sent me off to have a scan and see the physio. The scan was on Monday and while there were no major tears there were signs of damage. Today was the physio. According to the physio it will be months before I am back to running properly and it is likely to be a slow process. I have been given some simple exercises to do twice a day and have started them already.

Thankfully, I have been told I can cycle and hike so I can start doing something to get my fitness back. I also need to stop eating biscuits and pies all the times.

No comments: