Friday 9 February 2007

I am a mole and I have left a hole

My chest is feeling much better today - it almost feels good enough to go out for a run. I am still coughing and spluttering a bit but I think that is due to the gunk that is already there and no new gunk is being produced. This is good news of course and things were looking good for some nice runs at the weekend. I was particularly looking forward to running up to the top of Carn Brea.

It's quite a pleasant run there though I don't think there are any flat bits. Also the last part up the north side of the hill is very steep but for me it is worth it when you get to the top. The views the area where I grew up are wonderful. There is a particular outcrop of rock in front of the castle that I enjoy climbing up. Every Easter a local church erects a huge cross on this rock and uses floodlights to light it up at night. It can be seen for miles around. From there I can see loads of places around the area with tons of memories attached to them.

Of course things aren't going to be that simple. I forgot while I was planning this trip down memory lane that I had an appointment with the doctor today. Now I have six stitches in my back to keep closed the hole where my mole used to be. Oh well, I shall take my kit with me and see how I feel over the course of the weekend. It may be best that I take it easy this weekend - I may have to watch the Six Nations rugby and drink beer instead of training. Such hardship.

No comments: