Wednesday 30 April 2008

Soaking Wet

At the weekend I nearly froze to death swimming and today I think I very nearly drowned running. Stupid weather. Wednesday is my double run day; I run to work in the morning and then run a long route home in the evening. When I looked out of the window this morning the weather didn't look too bad, there was a little bit of drizzle but I am far too tough (daft) to be put off by that. So, on with the shorts, on with the nice thin running jacket so I don't get too hot and off we go.

Two-hundred meters down the road it absolute hammered it down and continued to do so all the way to work. What a marvelous way to start the day. I was absolutely soaked to the skin. Putting cold wet clothes on is something I have had to do before and it is not a pleasant experience, so I wasn't looking forward to getting ready for the run home. However, due to the wonders of modern fabrics, everything was dry again by the evening. That didn't last for very long though and within a few minutes of setting off I was soaked to the skin again. When I reached the turning for the park, where I add in the extra distance on the way home, I was very tempted to go straight on but managed to convince myself to keep going. Despite being soaked through, I wasn't actually cold and it wasn't as if I could get any wetter, so I carried on and finished my workout.

I am looking forward to summer and some nice hot weather. Hopefully things will settle down before Dorchester on 11th May (less than two weeks now, eeek!).

No comments: